Thursday, April 14, 2016

HW: Reading

Read about the Great Depression (Links to an external site.).  According to this article, what was wrong with President Hoover's response?  Why did people blame themselves when things went wrong, and how valid or invalid was this response?
Read about Black Sunday (Links to an external site.). How would you have felt if you'd been there on that day? What kinds of fears, concerns, or questions would be going through your mind during, and after, the event described?
Read about The Drought (Links to an external site.).  What areas were affected by it?  What caused it.  The author ends this article with a pithy quote.  Do you agree or disagree with this historian's perspective? Why or why not?
Read about Mass Exodus from the Plains (Links to an external site.).  Were does the migration of people out of the Dust Bowl rank in terms of other migrations in US History?  What made life hard for people once they arrived in California?
 ____________________________________________________________________________________________

1. President Hoover underestimated the situation of Depression and thought that it would be over in 2 months. The blamed themselves because They blamed themselves but they would not because of the situation and did not want to ask for help.
2. I would of been very scared, confused, and wondering what to do and when it would end. I would think that the world would be ending. If I was a farmer, I would be worried about my crops and animals. 
3. The eastern part of the country was affected by the drought first, then it moved out to the Great Plains. It was caused by the drought and misuse. I agree because I think it helped lead to the great depression.
4. It ranks as the largest in US History. Because the were not welcomed, it made life hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment